Friday 22 March 2019

DFI Day 4 - My Maps - Peace Matunda Orphanage and School





What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

  • to use google forms to create an interactive questionaire to gather information or to consult with a wider audience.
  • how to use Mymaps to take learners on a virtual trip or to make their own virtual trip. I have begun to map my own journey and will invite my students to contribute and to follow our progress.
  • to graph information using google sheets and changing the formula/colour/style
What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

I can see how these tools fit with the learn, create, share pedagogy of Manaiakalani in an interactive and fun way that allows students licence to create within and extend beyond as they become familiar with these tools.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

  • Using my class site as an interactive learning space with rewindable learning for my students
will save having to restate learning as they will always have a 'go to' place to find it.
  • blogging can be a valuable resource for students to link learning and to link with learners in many
different settings.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
  • working smarter using rewindable learning in my planning will ensure that I am also able to revisit and add or change learning according to the emerging needs or queries from my students.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherryl, The MyMaps are an amazing tool to use with our learners. I bet they'll enjoy being able to learn about your travels through Africa, and it will be that much more real to them being able to make connections through using the MyMaps tools. See you next week.
    Stef

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about