Friday 29 March 2019

DFI - Day 5 - Screencastify


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy? Each day I attend the DFI I come away with a richer understanding of the Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy. The fuller my picture becomes the more I can see how the tools can be applied in the classroom and across levels. I wonder if this is the first step to getting my colleagues on board and then move to the classroom pilot class facilitation?
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional? As my understanding grows I feel more able to 'FIGHT' for our students access to technologies. I believed in the theory of the Manaiakalani approach before but now I have a belief in the 'rubber hitting the road' hands on practical advantages this will have for our students learning.
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  'What makes a quality blog' - I was blown away by the students blog comments. They were positive and addressed the learners directly. The language was celebratory and specific. I will teach my students how to make quality blog comments.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life? The shortcut keys are KING. How easy is it to zap around the pages and across functions knowing the shortcut tools. I felt like I was cheating for a start but why drive when you can fly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about