Friday 1 March 2019

DFI Day 2: 2019 Camp Kaitawa Timetable

Time to reflect and share with colleagues

  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy? I now understand that Manaiakalani has had a long journey to get to where they are and that I can take the time to upskill myself in order to provide effective teaching and learning for my students. I have also learnt that it is preferable to be a step or five ahead of students in order to keep the high flyers motivated.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional? I learnt many shortcuts and organisation skills to enable me to better use the drive to access sites. I investigated drive features I had not even clicked on and now know that ctrl Z is my friend.
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  Organising my learning site to be easily accesible for students and to take my time to provide rich experiences to engage my learners as opposed to 'stuff' to keep them busy. I also like the talk to text for ALL learners.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life? To access and share learning across teachers and to work collaboratively with others. I believe that moving to an across schools model of learning is very powerful and beneficial to all who are willing to jump in the waka.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sherryl, It was great to spend the day with you and I am pleased that there were plenty of new learning opportunities for you. You camp poster worked out well and I hope you have a most successful week away. I hope you update us on how Voice Typing works out for you.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherryl
    it certainly was an informative day and now its time to practice the skills we learnt. Your poster looks great ... clear and easy to read. That skills learnt in this process will be very handy as we move forward creating our resources in docs. See you at 8am hooked up and ready to roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Sherryl,
    I like you thinking... jumping on the waka of collaboration. Shortcuts are the bomb - Ctrl Z, Shift Z. They all add up and are part of efficient use of devices for us and learners. Look forward to reading more of what you learn.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherryl,
    Ctrl Z - we really should get t-shirts printed!

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about