Friday 10 May 2019

DFI:8 Computational Thinking


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

Learn Create Share
is becoming more evident for me. I have experienced this pedagogy across a number of settings and in many forms. It does no necessarily have to be digital but can be.
Practical application of digital tools today has been rewarding. Lightbots and the coding was fun and I am sure I will be able to engage my students with these tools.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
To just have a go and if it is wrong or doesnt work try again or rethink my approach or understanding.

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

Coding and lightbots... I can totally see this being inegrated for my learners. I can also see how it will assist learners of differing abilities to shine.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
That there is no shame in getting it wrong ... in fact there is no wrong it is just that I havent learnt that yet.

2 comments:

  1. Your last point about 'no shame in getting it wrong' is so valuable, and something we can and should be teaching our tamariki. Coding is a great way to do that, problem solving, debugging, resilience, perseverance. All important soft skills that need to be taught!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Sherryl,
    I like your thinking. The way you have written abut just having a go and trying again. Just like we expect learners in class to keep trying. It can be worthwhile to be the learner regularly just to experience this.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about