Friday 3 May 2019

DFI 7: Enabling Learning


DFI: 7 - Enabling Learning


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

By preusing other Teachers sites I found that I gained a deeper appreciation of the visible learning idea and the rewindable learning idea. I put myself in the shoes of the learner - consequently I now have many things to add and change on my site.



  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

Making my planning visible and accessible to learners will give them more control over their learning pace and I am hoping that it will cater for the 'go getters' who want to fly faster than others.



  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

Linking to the timetable with explanations of the learning tasks will make my planning mutli use and save time with constant student questioning where if they had the link to rewind they could self manage most of the time.


  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

Organising my planning to be multi purpose will save time and the templates will be able to be used again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherryl,
    I'm loving the growth mindset that you're approaching this all with, and that through your site, you're going to be able to support your go-getters to be more agentic empowered learners. I'm glad that you were able to gain ideas through exploring other learning sites. Were there any ideas that really jumped out to you?
    Stef

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about